We offer Online Counseling so you can get the support you need from the comfort of your home.
As more events, activities, travel options, workplaces and schools are being cancelled or closed due to concerns over the spread of the Coronavirus, we want you to know that we are mindful of people’s fears and concerns. I think the closure of the Rodeo has been a big wake-up call to all of us in Houston! Yes, things are serious, but we don’t want anyone to feel stranded or alone. We are here for you!
It’s normal to feel a little shaky in your recovery journey when major events like this happen in the world. The news reports alone can send anyone into a heightened state of anxiety. We want to support you in doing what you can to stay centered and focused on your recovery program during this time.
Whether you’re an existing client or you’re interested in starting counseling with us, we welcome you to reach out. We are still seeing clients in our office for now, but we are also extending the option to engage in Online Counseling Sessions. If you’ve never done an online session before, no need to worry. You don’t have to be tech savvy, and the session actually feels very similar to an in-office visit. Just contact us to schedule a session, find a private space in your home where you can be on your computer, and we will walk you through how it works and get you started.
In addition to our counseling services, we wanted to offer you some suggestions that might be helpful during this time:
- Find ways to stay connected with your support system – by phone, text, online or by meeting with a few people at your house.
- Journal about your feelings and share it with someone you trust.
- Limit how much/how often you’re watching or reading the news.
- Talk with neighbors and friends about how they’re doing – offer to be of service.
- Continue doing as many normal things that you can.
- Remember to take time to relax and breathe.
Don’t forget, we’re all in this together! Please let us know how we can support you during this time.