Alcohol enemas, commonly referred to as “butt chugging” among college students, seems to have become the latest on-campus fraternity prank. A 20-year-old University of Tennessee student was recently hospitalized with severe alcohol poisoning as a result of imbibing alcohol through a rectal tube. The procedure bypasses the stomach and accelerates the absorption rate, according to Corey Slovis, chairman of Department of Emergency Medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. At least one fatality has been recorded as the result of an alcohol enema. The fraternity responsible for the party at which the UT student was hospitalized has been shut down by the university until at least 2015.

Read the entire article here: Butt-Chugging: Students, Experts Recoil At Alcohol Enema Case

Powered by Qumana